In a globalizing world, language differences can lead to social exclusion, dangerous misunderstandings and missed friendships & business opportunities. So call us crazy or naive, but here at Travis, we think we can bring the world together, by making sure we can all have a chat. Travis is a portable device that uses artificial intelligence to translate speech to speech in 80 languages.
Travis is a portable device that uses artificial intelligence to translate speech to speech in 80 languages, all in less than two seconds. Travis has some unique features that include:
Why is Travis better than a translating app on your phone?
Apps are great, but things like battery life, speed and most of all, eye contact can become a struggle. Travis is a purpose-built device for face-to-face communication. We’ve integrated the best apps for each language into the device so it seamlessly navigates and selects the best translation for your chosen languages.
How do you use Travis?
With just one Travis you can:
- Use built-in microphone & built-in speakers
This is the most common use for Travis, hearing via its dual noise cancelling microphones, and clearly repeating what is said in another language via its speakers.
- Use built-in microphones + earphones (wired/wireless)
Travis hears what is said via its built-in dual noise cancelling microphones, and repeats what is said in your ear via the wired/wireless earphones.
How are other Travis backers planning to use their Travis?
- For Travel – Whether in Shanghai or Paris, Travis helps you to speak to locals, get a cab, order food and drinks or simply ask, “How are you? Where are you from? What are your ambitions?
- As Expats and international students- Moving to a new country can be stressful – getting the kids into school, arranging health care and figuring out food options at the grocery store or market. Travis can’t solve all your challenges, but we can make it easier for you to connect with the locals and feel at home.
- For cross-cultural families- Have a girlfriend, wife or husband whose family speaks a whole other language? Many of our backers do, and will be using Travis to communicate with the in-laws.
- Contact with refugees- Some of our backers are getting a Travis to communicate with refugees. Not only for social work, but to speak to new neighbours, colleagues and classmates as well. We partner with organisations who help with refugees and aid work and Travis helps bridging language barriers with volunteers and the people they help.
20 Offline : Spanish, German, Chinese (Mandarin), French, Portuguese, Arabic, Italian, Japanese, English, Russian, Dutch, Polish, Greek, Swedish, Korean, Hindi, Thai, Turkish, Indonesian
*Please be aware that not all 20 languages are currently available however we are working to include them as soon as possible.
80 Online : Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Basque, Belarusian, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Taiwanese), Chinese (Cantonese), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (UK), English (USA), English (Australia), Esperanto, Estonian, Farsi, Filipino, Finnish, French, French (Canada), Frisian, German, Greek, Haitian Creole, Hawaiian, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kazakh, Khmer, Korean, Kurdish, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Luxembourgish, Macedonian, Malay, Maltese, Mongolian, Myanmar, Nepali, Norwegian, Pashto, Persian, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal), Portuguese (Brazil), Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Scots Gaelic, Serbian, Sindhi, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish (Spain), Spanish (USA), Spanish (Mexico), Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Welsh